Sunday, September 30, 2007

God-breathed words

Through the last two weeks, God has been speaking right to my heart.
Every day it seems like He´s chipping away at my heart, opening me up. Breaking me, showing me things I thought I knew but I am learning there is so much I didn´t know. For instance, we have been learning about how to hear God´s voice. God desires to speak to us, to have a real conversation. It seems to me like we go to God when we need to talk, when we need help, so we talk and talk and say thanks and then walk away. Could you imagine doing that to a friend? Talk and talk and then just walk away? God desires so much more! He has a thrilling amazing plan for our lives, if only we´d just be quiet for a moment and listen, it´s amazing what He has to share. We also learned that it´s important to quiet our own voices and satan´s voice and make sure to tune all that out.
For example, I was sitting outside on a hill overlooking amazing countryside and the breathtaking ocean, and I felt a voice tell me that Josh wasn´t the one, and what was I doing here in Chile? At first I just cried my heart out. And then I realized I hadn't prayed, I hadn't asked God to quiet my voice, or the voice of the devil. And then after awhile, God spoke to me, "Here you are, you haven´t been listening. I know the desires of your heart, Josh is a good man and I did bring you together. All I ask is that you love me first. You are here with me. Spend time with me. I have so much I want to tell you. I brought you here for a reason." I was bawling at this point. And then God whispered something else into my heart, I need to explain this first. For some reason, I´ve always had this fear that I´ll never be able to have kids. I don´t know why. But God told me, just out of the blue, in this same moment, "And don´t worry, you will have kids someday. And you will be a great mom." I couldn´t believe it, I cried and cried. And then after all this, I went down the hill looking for Mandy to tell her, someone, anyone, what God had just told me! And she met me with a great big smile...she said, "Cass, I´m pregnant!" :O
Lord you are amazing. In the Bible it says that All scripture is God-breathed, that sent chills down my spine. I know the Bible is God´s word, but each scripture is a word from God´s heart.

On another note, right now we are praying about where to go on outreach. As God leads, the trips to choose from are Cuba, Bolivia, Haiti, Dominican Rebpublic, here in Chile or possibly to Peru where there was an earthquake recently. Please pray for finicial needs as these trips will cost somewhere around $2000 for each student, as well that we could continue to learn the language quickly.
My hand is healing nicely and I don´t have to wear a bandage anymore, hurray! It´s hardly notciable anymore :) Anyways, we are about to head for church so I have to run, but God bless you all and talk to you soon!

Cass

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Hey Cass,

I'm glad your hand is getting better and I'm glad you are striving to hear the voice of God. It's often difficult but I know that He'll teach you more and more as you trust in Him and listen to His teaching...

Love you!
Aunty Wendy